by Michelle Mazzara, Dolce Vita USA Cucina
Sriracha Shrimp Sliders
Ingredients for shrimp salad:
· ¾ cup of mayonnaise
· 1/2 tsp. of Sriracha sauce
· 1 12 oz. bag of cooked shrimp, de-veined, and cut in half
· ½ cup of green onions chopped
· 1 tsp. of minced garlic
· 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
· ½ tsp of Old Bay Spices
· Dash of salt
· Dash of pepper
· 6 King’s Hawaiian buns
Ingredients for kale slaw:
· 1 12 oz. bag of Sweet Kale vegetable salad kit (you will not use the packet of toppings)
· 4 tbsp. of Orange Muscat Champagne Vinaigrette from Trader Joes
· ¼ cup of Olive Oil
· ½ tsp. of minced garlic
· ½ tsp. of ginger paste
· 1 tbsp. of lime juice
· Dash of Salt and Pepper
1. Rinse shrimp and remove tail, de-vein.
2. Cut shrimp in half and set aside.
3. In a bowl combine: mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, green onions, garlic, lemon juice, old bay spice, salt, pepper.
4. Fold in shrimp, refrigerate.
5. In another bowl combine vinaigrette, olive oil, garlic, ginger, lime juice, salt and pepper. Whisk together until blended.
6. Add to vinaigrette, kale vegetable mix.
7. Cut buns in half.
8. Take one 1tbsp. of shrimp salad put on bottom of bun, top with 1 tbsp. of kale mixture.
9. Top with remaining half of bun.
Ingredients for Rhubarb Simple Syrup:
· 5 ounces rhubarb, washed and cut into 1/2-inch chunks (about 1 cup)
· 1 cup sugar
· 1 1/4 cups water
Ingredients for Rhubarbtini:
· 2 oz. of Citron Vodka
· 2 ½ oz. of Rhubarb simple syrup
· Juice of half of lemon
· 1 tsp. of mint chopped
Directions for Rhubarb Simple Syrup
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Once the mixture boils, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the rhubarb is falling apart and the color has bled into the syrup, about 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and, using a fine-mesh strainer, strain and discard the rhubarb solids. Let the syrup cool to room temperature, then transfer it to a container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Directions for Rhubarbtini
1. In a martini shaker add: rhubarb simple syrup, lemon juice and citron vodka with a cup of ice. Shake for a few seconds.
2. Pour liquid into a martini glass garnish with chopped mint.
Makes 1 martini
· ½ cup of Jell-O vanilla pudding (1 snack size container)
· 2 tbsp. of Mascarpone cheese
· 2 tbsp. of Lemon curd from Trader Joe’s
· 1 package Athens Mini Fillo shells
· Zest of 1 lemon
1. In a small bowl mix pudding, mascarpone cheese and lemon curd.
2. Put tarts on cookie sheet bake for 5 minutes at 370 degrees.
3. With a spoon fill tarts with pudding lemon mixture.
4. Garnish each shell with lemon zest.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.