1-Year-Old Rushed To Emergency Room After Drinking E-Cigarette F - KMSP-TV

1-Year-Old Rushed To Emergency Room After Drinking E-Cigarette Fluid

Posted: Updated:

YORK, PA- A one-year-old in York, Pennsylvania was taken to the emergency room on Monday, after his parents say he drank fluid that's used in e-cigarettes.

The boy's parents say they called 911 immediately after talking to poison control.

Doctors apparently told that boy's parents that he was better off drinking bleach or Lysol than liquid nicotine.

Each bottle going into e-cigarette vapors has enough nicotine to equal five packs of cigarettes.

"Nicotine in a extreme form is used as a pesticide, it's not something that is child safe," said Dave Norris of Blue Door Vapor.

"The liquid comes in a bottle with a child proof cap, the batteries have a shut off so that you can shut it off, so if a child were to pick it up, a child wouldn't be able to use it," added Norris.

State police spoke with the boy's family.

They did not file charges, and are calling it accident.

But the boy's mother says after this, they plan to cut out all forms of nicotine in the house.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Rally Of Solidarity For Israel Held In LOVE Park

    Rally Of Solidarity For Israel Held In LOVE Park

    Thursday, July 24 2014 1:00 AM EDT2014-07-24 05:00:42 GMT
    SkyFOX was live over the scene shortly after 5 p.m. on Wednesday, as big crowd gathered at LOVE Park in Philadelphia after area synagogues put out the call to stand with Israel.
    SkyFOX was live over the scene shortly after 5 p.m. on Wednesday, as big crowd gathered at LOVE Park in Philadelphia after area synagogues put out the call to stand with Israel.
  • Southwest Agent Removes Passenger All Because Of A Tweet

    Southwest Agent Removes Passenger All Because Of A Tweet

    Thursday, July 24 2014 12:47 AM EDT2014-07-24 04:47:14 GMT
    A Minnesota man was forced to get off a Southwest Airlines Flight because of a tweet.Duff Watson says the humiliating ordeal began Sunday July 20th, when he and his two children tried to board a flight from Denver to Minneapolis.Watson says he has priority boarding because he’s an “A-list customer.”But when he went to the gate, the agent wouldn’t allow his two children to board with him.Watson eventually tweeted about the horrible experience.The tweet stated, “Something to the effect of wow, ...
    A Minnesota man was forced to get off a Southwest Airlines Flight because of a tweet.Duff Watson says the humiliating ordeal began Sunday July 20th, when he and his two children tried to board a flight from Denver to Minneapolis.Watson says he has priority boarding because he’s an “A-list customer.”But when he went to the gate, the agent wouldn’t allow his two children to board with him.Watson eventually tweeted about the horrible experience.The tweet stated, “Something to the effect of wow, ...
  • Ocean crash kills teen pilot seeking world record

    Ocean crash kills teen pilot seeking world record

    Thursday, July 24 2014 12:35 AM EDT2014-07-24 04:35:43 GMT
    His pilot's license fresh in his hands, an Indiana teenager set out in June for the adventure of a lifetime: an around-the-world flight with his father designed to break a record and raise money to build schools in his father's native Pakistan.
    His pilot's license fresh in his hands, an Indiana teenager set out in June for the adventure of a lifetime: an around-the-world flight with his father designed to break a record and raise money to build schools in his father's native Pakistan.
Powered by WorldNow

KMSP-TV
11358 Viking Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Phone: (952) 944-9999
Fax: (952) 942-0455

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices