1-Year-Old Rushed To Emergency Room After Drinking E-Cigarette F - KMSP-TV

1-Year-Old Rushed To Emergency Room After Drinking E-Cigarette Fluid

Posted: Updated:

YORK, PA- A one-year-old in York, Pennsylvania was taken to the emergency room on Monday, after his parents say he drank fluid that's used in e-cigarettes.

The boy's parents say they called 911 immediately after talking to poison control.

Doctors apparently told that boy's parents that he was better off drinking bleach or Lysol than liquid nicotine.

Each bottle going into e-cigarette vapors has enough nicotine to equal five packs of cigarettes.

"Nicotine in a extreme form is used as a pesticide, it's not something that is child safe," said Dave Norris of Blue Door Vapor.

"The liquid comes in a bottle with a child proof cap, the batteries have a shut off so that you can shut it off, so if a child were to pick it up, a child wouldn't be able to use it," added Norris.

State police spoke with the boy's family.

They did not file charges, and are calling it accident.

But the boy's mother says after this, they plan to cut out all forms of nicotine in the house.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Police: Man Left Child In Car While Gambling In Del.

    Police: Man Left Child In Car While Gambling In Del.

    Delaware State Police have arrested a Maryland man for leaving his child unattended in a car while he was gambling in a casino.
    Delaware State Police have arrested a Maryland man for leaving his child unattended in a car while he was gambling in a casino.
  • New Jersey OKs Trump Plaza shutdown Sept. 16

    New Jersey OKs Trump Plaza shutdown Sept. 16

    New Jersey casino regulators have given final approval to Trump Plaza's plan to shut down in two weeks.
    New Jersey casino regulators have given final approval to Trump Plaza's plan to shut down in two weeks.
  • Friends work to 'save' Pennsylvania bucket bear

    Friends work to 'save' Pennsylvania bucket bear

    A group of friends has tracked down and helped to save a western Pennsylvania bear that got its head stuck in a bucket-like contraption.
    A group of friends has tracked down and helped to save a western Pennsylvania bear that got its head stuck in a bucket-like contraption.
Powered by WorldNow

KMSP-TV
11358 Viking Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Phone: (952) 944-9999
Fax: (952) 942-0455

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices