This position description outlines broad essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of the referenced position. It is not intended, nor should it be construed to represent an exhaustive list of all essential duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the position.
· Produce a one-hour daily television broadcast regarding popular and topical issues, social media trends, entertainment, and local/national news topics
· Must identify the “daily talkers”, be up-to-date with social media topics/trends and newsworthy events, and have the ability to present them in an educated and entertaining way
· Must be experienced and proficient at all aspects of show production, including booking daily guests and interviews, cultivating segment ideas, field producing, writing scripts, producing local stories and segments, producing graphics, assisting with promotion, and understanding technical capabilities.
· Must be able to shoot and produce stories and remote segments using new technology, including phones and ipads.
· Must have a creative flair for storytelling and innovative out-of-the-box approach to present show content and visual elements
· Must develop effective working relationship with co-hosts.
· Actively participate and engage in social media on behalf of the show.
· Use sound judgment and decision-making regarding the content and production of the show.
· Follow FCC regulations and station and company policies
· Partner with Sales to incorporate approved client-related or promotional components to the show
· Assist in executing Station on-air viewer-driven contesting
· Will also involve interaction with co-hosts and other guests on-air in an engaging and entertaining manner, in an unscripted setting.
Essential Problem Solving
Must be able to act with urgency, immediacy and efficiency and make situation appropriate decisions.
Essential Skills & Abilities
· Excellent communicator who possesses strong verbal and written skills
· Must be able to gather information through multiple channels including phone, ipad, other new technology such as GoPros, online and social media.
· Possess a creative and innovative approach to storytelling and be able to develop story/segment ideas
· Extensive knowledge of news topics, local stories, and social media trends and savvy with using social media outlets
· Comfortable in an on-air television environment and familiarity with the broadcast operations including technical elements
· Solid judgment and awareness of professional standards and best practices in television
· Ability to effectively multi-task in a high pressure environment; adhere to deadlines
· Flexibility in schedule; ability to adjust hours based on Station’s needs
· Good instincts, and highly observant and cognitive
· Transition effectively between job assignments, projects and functions
· Good telephone manners and etiquette
Educational Requirements: Two or four year college degree in broadcast television or radio, communication, journalism or equivalent experience in a related field
Experience Requirements: Must have 2+ years as a producer in a television/radio environment
Physical Requirements: Stand, sit, read a computer terminal, lift up to 25 lbs., and walk short distances during most of working shift.
Work Schedule: 5 days a week; 9 hour days; actual hours can vary greatly and can include weekend remote shoots.
Work Conditions: A fast paced broadcast environment.