MISSING PERSON: Police confirm search in Amy Pagnac case - KMSP-TV

MISSING PERSON: Maple Grove police confirm search in 1989 case

Posted: Updated:
Photo by Iris Perez Photo by Iris Perez
Photo by Iris Perez Photo by Iris Perez
Photo by Iris Perez Photo by Iris Perez
OSSEO, Minn. (KMSP) -

The Maple Grove Police Department will soon release details about a search that is currently under way at a home on Hemlock Lane as part of a missing person case from 1989.

Officers executed a search warrant in the 9700 block of Hemlock Lane North at about 9 a.m. on Sunday morning as part of a collaborative effort involving the following agencies:

- Maple Grove Police Department & Fire Rescue
- Hennepin County Sheriff's Office
- Federal Bureau of Investigation

Fox 9 News has learned that search could shed some light on the disappearance of 13-year-old Amy Pagnac, who went missing in August of 1989. At the time, her family said she had been abducted from a gas station in Osseo.

Just last year, Susan Pagnac and Marshal Midden told Fox 9 News that they believe their daughter is still alive, and said the rescue of three women who had been held captive for more than a decade in Cleveland gave them hope. 


VIDEO: 'You always wonder: When is that call going to be, 'Hey, we found, Amy. We're bringing her home'?


Neighbors confirmed the home officers are focused on is where the Pagnac family lives, and property tax records from Hennepin County show the family has owned the home since 1981.

Law enforcement at the scene told Fox 9 they are prepared to remain at the scene 24/7 through the end of the week.

Police also taped off the Forestview Pond Park tennis courts.


Photo by Iris Perez [EXPAND]

POLICE EXPECT TO REMAIN ON-SITE FOR DAYS

At this point, it remains unclear why a search warrant allowing detectives to investigate in and around the Pagnac home was issued, but one thing is certain -- they don't plan to leave any time soon. 

At a Sunday afternoon press conference, police released few details and would not comment on why they are in the neighborhood or what they found there, if anything. In fact, the search warrant will remain sealed from public record, but police offered no explanation as to why that decision was made.

Officials also would not say if any member of the Pagnac family is considered a suspect at this time, and they would not say whether the family still lives there or comment on their whereabouts.

Officers did confirm that Amy Pagnac lived in the home before she went missing, but they will only say that their current focus is now on working to bring her home.

Police also said they expect to continue the investigation there for days to come.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • CRIME ALERT: Father, children missing since Friday

    CRIME ALERT: Father, children missing since Friday

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 6:07 PM EDT2014-09-16 22:07:37 GMT
    The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension sent out a crime alert on Tuesday afternoon to help the Pine County Sheriff's Office in their search for Peter John Kunze and his children.
    The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension sent out a crime alert on Tuesday afternoon to help the Pine County Sheriff's Office in their search for Peter John Kunze and his children.
  • The Americans with Charlie LeDuff: Man dining from garbage cans eats his way across America

    The Americans with Charlie LeDuff: Man dining from garbage cans eats his way across America

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 5:33 PM EDT2014-09-16 21:33:03 GMT
    Rob Greenfield despises shoes. He despises money. Most of all he despises waste. So in order to point out the colossal disposal of perfectly good food in America Greenfield is peddling solo across the country and dining solely from dumpsters.
    Rob Greenfield despises shoes. He despises money. Most of all he despises waste. So in order to point out the colossal disposal of perfectly good food in America Greenfield is peddling solo across the country and dining solely from dumpsters.
  • Family: 17-year-old dead, younger brother injured in shooting

    Family: 17-year-old dead, younger brother injured in shooting

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 9:03 PM EDT2014-09-17 01:03:24 GMT
    Minneapolis police responded to an emotional scene in the 2300 block of Fremont Avenue North after deadly gunfire erupted on Tuesday afternoon, leaving a 17-year-old boy dead and his 16-year-old brother injured.
    Minneapolis police responded to an emotional scene in the 2300 block of Fremont Avenue North after deadly gunfire erupted on Tuesday afternoon, leaving a 17-year-old boy dead and his 16-year-old brother injured.
Widgets Magazine
Powered by WorldNow

KMSP-TV
11358 Viking Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Phone: (952) 944-9999
Fax: (952) 942-0455

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices