Summit Brewing Company of St. Paul has jumped on the canned beer bandwagon, launching three of its most popular beers in 12 oz. aluminum cans. Cans of Summit’s Extra Pale ale, Saga IPA and Summer Ale will be in stores next week. VIEW PHOTOS
FACT SHEET: SUMMIT CANNING LINE
- Housed in Summit’s expansion property, which includes a 40,000 sq. ft. building and 3.5 acres of land directly east of the brewery.
- Connected to the cellar in the existing brewery by an elevated pipeline capable of transferring 40 gallons of beer per minute.
- Manufactured in Waukesha, Wis., the KHS can filler is state of the art packaging technology, filling at a rate of 400 cans a minute.
- The seamer, which is the device that puts the lids on the cans, is fabricated by Angelus of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
- The cans are produced by Rexam in their facility across the river from downtown St. Paul.