Strawberries & Cream Oats
1 C. steel cut oats
3 C. water
2 pinches of salt
1/2 C. whole milk
1 Tbsp. Coconut Palm sugar or maple syrup
6-8 fresh strawberries, diced
Splash of pure vanilla
Pinch of cinnamon
1. Place steel cut oats, water and salt in the crock pot and cook on LOW 6-8 hours overnight.
2. Place 1 cup of cooked oats in a bowl and stir in the whole milk, sugar, strawberries, vanilla and cinnamon.
NOTE: Store remaining cooked steel cut oats in individual containers to eat for a quick grab breakfast during the week.
Eggs in a Jar
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground black pepper
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 C. Parmesan, feta or cheddar cheese
2 C. fresh chopped vegetables (spinach, zucchini, tomatoes)
1 C. cooked sausage or bacon
1. Crack eggs into a large bowl and using a hand mixer beat the eggs, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper until well blended.
2. Pour the seasoned egg mixture evenly into 4 or 5 pint sized mason jars.
3. Add even amounts of cheese, vegetables and desired meat to each jar.
4. Place lids on jars and refrigerate until use, up to 3 days.
TO BAKE: Preheat oven to 375 degrees, remove lid and ring from the jar(s) and place jar(s) on a cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before eating.