2 tablespoons butter 2 cups sour cream
1 red pepper, chopped 1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 large zucchini, chopped 2 tablespoons cumin
2 premade piecrusts 1 tablespoon thyme
2 cups grated Havarti cheese ¼ teaspoon salt
10 eggs ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups half and half
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a sauté pan, melt butter over high heat. Add the pepper and zucchini to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
2. Put the cooked vegetables in the piecrusts, dividing equally between thetwo piecrusts. Add the cheese to the piecrusts, dividing it evenly.
3. Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the half and half, sour cream, garlic powder, cumin, and thyme to the bowl. Whisk aggressively
until the mixture is uniform and has a small froth. The froth is a sign of oxidation and that the ingredients are well mixed. Add
the salt and pepper to the bowl.
4. Fill each piecrust to half full with the egg mixture. Evenly spread the ingredients in each piecrust. Divide the remaining egg mixture between the two piecrusts.
5. Bake both quiches for 20 to 25 minutes. Check every 10 minutes. The quiche is done when the top rises a bit over the pie shell, like a small dome. Let
cool for 5 to 7 minutes before cutting.