St. Paul house fire caused by unattended candle, 2 hospitalized - KMSP-TV

1 dead in St. Paul house fire caused by unattended candle

Posted: Updated:
ST. PAUL, Minn. (KMSP) -

The St. Paul Fire Department confirmed a 25-year-old man has died after a house fire broke out from an unattended candle in St. Paul on Sunday morning.

Two young adults were taken to Regions Hospital. An official cause of death has yet to be determined for the 25-year-old who was brought to the hospital in critical condition. The other victim is in stable condition.

The St. Paul Fire Department was dispatched to 1410 Van Buren Avenue around  5:45 a.m. Sunday morning in the Hamline-Midway neighborhood. Flames had engulfed the second floor of the home, where the candle had been left unattended in a bedroom.

St. Paul Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard said seven people were inside the home at the time of the fire. Six were able to make it out, although some leapt from 2nd floor overhangs. The 25-year-old who died was trapped inside and fell unconscious before he was pulled out by firefighters. It took 15 minutes to knock the fire down.

Neighbors told Fox 9 News the people in the house were likely college-age, and friends identified the man who died as Dan Trabant.

Widgets Magazine
Powered by WorldNow

KMSP-TV
11358 Viking Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Phone: (952) 944-9999
Fax: (952) 942-0455

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices