KMSP/WFTC-TV, the FOX owned and operated duopoly in Minneapolis/St. Paul, is looking for an experienced, “next generation”, Multi-Platform Assignment Editor.
FOX 9’s newest team member will go beyond the traditional, old-school method of working on an assignment desk. Our Multi-Platform Assignment Editor will not only enterprise and gather news, but will be capable of PRESENTING that information across our digital and broadcast platforms.
Our Editor will of course do the basics, and those are:
- Enterprise news story ideas via phones, social media, e-mail and Internet
- Monitor police scanners, satellite feeds and other sources for breaking news
- Dispatch and manage news crews to cover ALL aspects of the news day
- Develop sources that can be contacted during breaking news and possess skills to advance a story beyond the basics.
- Possess the ability to formulate a well-rounded daily coverage plan that also goes beyond the basics.
In addition, our new Editor will:
- Write and PRESENT the news they gather across our multi-platforms. Those include the Internet, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Vine. Most critically, this qualified staffer will present information on our broadcast platform as well, from our Breaking News Desk.
Candidate must be able to thrive in a busy and at times chaotic environment. This person will have good interpersonal skills and be able to multi-task. Candidate must demonstrate strong news judgment and ability to research. Candidate will be fluid in all the above listed platforms and possess social media and basic copy writing skills.
2 years of major market experience in broadcast news is preferred, along with a bachelor degree in journalism or equivalent.