Rep. Betty McCollum's "Minnesota Wild Rice and Chicken Hot Dish" recipe can be found here.
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- Dash of Salt
- Spices, including pepper
- 1 cup of thinly sliced carrots
- ¾ cup of cut green beans or peas
- 1 ¾ cup of chicken broth
- ¾ cup of milk or half and half
- ¼ cup of sherry or white wine
- ¾ cup -1 cup of cooked wild rice
- 3 cups of cooked chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- Tater Tots
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sauté vegetables in butter. Cook until tender and then stir in flour to sort of make a roux. It should be fairly thick.
3. Add seasonings. Add chicken broth and milk or half and half. Stir.
4. Add sherry or white wine. Stir until thickened and bubbly.
5. Stir in chicken, beans or peas, and rice.
6. Pour mixture into dish. Top with Tater tots. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.