The recipe for Rep. Collin Peterson's "Hunter's Hotdish" can be found here.
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 16 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 16 oz. package frozen tater tots
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar jack cheese
1. Brown the ground venison with the chopped onion; once properly cooked, drain off any fat.
2. Stir in the soups, milk, and frozen vegetables. Move the mixture to a 9x13" baking dish. Arrange frozen tater tots on top.
3. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until your hotdish is bubbly and tater tots are brown and crisp.
4. Sprinkle cheese over tater tots, return dish to oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes for a perfectly melted topping.