The recipe for Klobuchar's "It's So Cold My Hotdish Froze" Dessert Hotdish can be found below.
‘It's So Cold My Hotdish Froze' Dessert Hotdish Recipe
Ingredients for filling:
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup Crystal Sugar powdered sugar
- 1 ½ - 2 cups creamy peanut butter (depending on preference)
- ½ cup Kemps milk
- 8 oz package frozen whipped topping- thawed
Ingredients for Golden Graham crust:
- 2 cups ground General Mill's Golden Grahams cereal
- 1/3 cup Crystal Sugar granulated sugar
- 1 stick Land O' Lakes butter- melted
Ingredients for topping:
- Fudge sauce
- Golden Grahams
- Crushed peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix Golden Grahams crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well blended.
3. Press mixture into hotdish pan.
4. Bake for 7 minutes.
5. Let cool for a few minutes, then put into freezer to chill.
6. Beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
7. Mix in peanut butter and milk, beat until smooth.
8. Fold in whipped topping.
9. Once crust is chilled, spread layer of fudge sauce onto Golden Graham crust.
10. Spoon peanut butter filling into dish.
11. Cover and freeze until firm.
12. Top with crushed peanuts and Golden Grahams. Drizzle with heated fudge sauce.