Georgia Tech Ph.D student burned in apartment dies - KMSP-TV

Georgia Tech Ph.D student burned in apartment dies

Posted: Updated:
Saamer Akhshabi Saamer Akhshabi
ATLANTA -

The Georgia Tech doctoral student several burned in his Midtown Atlanta apartment on Feb. 4 has died. The school made the announcement on its website Thursday.

Authorities say Saamer Akhshabi suffered third-degree burns over 90% of his body.

Federal investigators were called to his apartment building after fire officials discovered "what appeared to be a Molotov cocktail along with several other plastic bottles filled with liquid" during their investigation.

Georgia Tech issued a statement on their website regarding the incident regarding Akhshabi's passing Thursday.

No word on the status of the investigation.

Powered by WorldNow

KMSP-TV
11358 Viking Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Phone: (952) 944-9999
Fax: (952) 942-0455

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices