Charcoal grill inside home sickens 13 with carbon monoxide - KMSP-TV

Charcoal grill inside home sickens 13 with carbon monoxide

Posted: Updated:
ARCADIA, Wis. (KMSP) -

Trempealeau County, Wisconsin sheriff's officials said 13 people were overcome by carbon monoxide when a charcoal grill was used indoors for heat.

Deputies and paramedics responded to a call about an unknown medical condition in Arcadia, Wis. late Sunday afternoon, where they found 7 adults and 5 children with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. Some of the people inside were unconscious.

A police officer who responded was also overcome by carbon monoxide and was treated and released from a local hospital.

Information from the Associated Press was used in this report

Powered by WorldNow

KMSP-TV
11358 Viking Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Phone: (952) 944-9999
Fax: (952) 942-0455

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices