Metrodome demolition stopped 'for a few days' - KMSP-TV

Metrodome demolition stopped 'for a few days' after beam incident

Posted: Updated:
MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) -

Metrodome demolition work has been suspended "for a few days" while Mortenson Construction investigates the unplanned drop of a ring beam earlier this week, the Minnesota Vikings confirmed Wednesday.

No one was injured in Monday's incident, as the beam and debris fell within a specified safety zone.

Mortenson Construction said crews from a demolition subcontractor were bringing down a section of ring beam on the northeast side of the Metrodome when an adjacent section came down out of sequence.

At Wednesday morning's Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority meeting, Mortenson said excavation work at the stadium site is 30 percent complete, with 250,000 cubic yards of dirt removed.

VIDEO: Metrodome roof cable demolition

VIDEO: Wrecking ball hits the Dome

Powered by WorldNow

KMSP-TV
11358 Viking Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Phone: (952) 944-9999
Fax: (952) 942-0455

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices