Super Bowl Panko Crusted Chicken Meatballs with Blood Orange Chili Garlic Sauce
Ingredients for chicken meatballs:
1 lb. of ground chicken
½ yellow onion minced
1 tsp of garlic minced
1 tsp of fresh ginger minced
1 tbsp. of sesame oil
1 tbsp. of soy sauce
1 ½ cups of Japanese Panko bread crumbs
Ingredients for sauce:
Juice from two blood oranges (navel oranges are ok also)
1 cup of peach preserves
1 tsp. freeze-dried lemongrass
1 tsp. chili garlic sauce
¼ cup of brown sugar
1 tbsp. of sweet cooking rice seasonings
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a saucepan sauté onions, ginger and garlic with sesame oil over medium heat until onions are cooked about 10 minutes.
3. In a bowl combine ground chicken, ½ cup of bread crumbs, onions, ginger, soy sauce, mix well.
4. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
5. Put one cup of bread crumbs in a bowl.
6. Using a tsp. take chicken mixture and roll into Panko bread crumbs.
7. Put chicken meatball on cookie sheet, bake for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from oven set aside.
9. In a saucepan, add all sauce ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
10. Serve sauce with chicken meatballs. Approximately 25 chicken meatballs.
Super Bowl Crostini
1 baguette sliced
8 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1 yellow onion sliced
2 tsp. of minced garlic
1 5.2 oz. of Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs cheese
1 jar of Robert Rothschild Farm Caramelized Onion Spread (Optional if you don't sauté your own onions and garlic)
2 tbsp. of dry sherry
1 tbsp. of honey
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
1 (8 oz.) Steak cut into slices, grilled and then sliced thing
2 sprigs of fresh minced Rosemary
1. Slice baguette into 1/4 slices brush olive oil (5 tbsp.) on both sides; salt and pepper bake on cookie sheet at 375° Fahrenheit until brown. Set aside.
2. Broil or grill meat. About 5 minutes on each side. Slice thin and set aside.
3. In a frying pan, add 3 tbsp. olive oil; garlic, honey and onion, sauté with sherry, salt and pepper. Sauté until onions are translucence about 15 minutes over medium heat. (Or use Rothschild onion spread for a quicker recipe instead of sautéing the onions.
4. Spread 1 tsp. of Boursin cheese on crostini.
5. Top each slice with ½ tsp. of onions or onion spread.
6. Add one slice of beef on top of onion mixture.
7. Top each crostini with a couple Rosemary leaves.