Maria Bartiromo heads to Fox Business - KMSP-TV

Maria Bartiromo heads to Fox Business

Posted: Updated:
Maria Bartiromo in August 2013. (AP photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack) Maria Bartiromo in August 2013. (AP photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack)
By FOXBUSINESS.COM

FOX Business has signed star financial news anchor Maria Bartiromo to a multi-year deal, the network officially announced Wednesday.

Bartiromo is jumping to FBN from rival CNBC, where in 1995 she became the first journalist to report live from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Bartiromo had been anchoring the top-rated markets program at CNBC.

FBN said Bartiromo will serve as global markets editor, anchor a daily market hours program on FBN and also host a Sunday business-focused show on FOX News Channel. As part of her prior contract, Bartiromo hosted a similar show on NBC.

Bartiromo is set to begin at FBN on February 1, and the network said each of her programs will begin before the end of the first quarter.

FOX Business is owned by 21st Century FOX, the parent company of Fox 5/MyFoxNY.com.

CLICK TO READ MORE


  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Saturday, April 19 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-04-19 18:55:51 GMT
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
Powered by WorldNow

KMSP-TV
11358 Viking Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Phone: (952) 944-9999
Fax: (952) 942-0455

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices