Forbes has put together a list of the top-earning American Idol graduates of 2013. It's no surprise to see Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson atop the list, but some of the others may be a surprise.
TOP EARNING IDOLS OF 2013
1. Carrie Underwood ($31 million)
2. Kelly Clarkson ($7 million)
3. Phillip Phillips ($5 million, tie)
3. Adam Lambert ($5 million, tie)
5. Daughtry ($4 million)
6. Scotty McCreery ($3 million)
7. Taylor Hicks ($2.5 million)
8. Fantasia Barrino ($1.5 million, tie)
8. Kellie Pickler ($1.5 million, tie)
10. Katharine McPhee ($1 million, tie)
10. Jennifer Hudson ($1 million, tie)
Methodology: Pre-tax earnings from June 2012 through June 2013, calculated with data from Pollstar Pro, RIAA, Nielsen SoundScan, music industry veterans and some of the artists themselves.
Read the Forbes report at http://onforb.es/1hTxtai