With today being one of the coldest days in history in Minnesota with schools canceled, that means a lot of kids are at home, itching to get moving and their parents are just as anxious for them to burn off energy.
Fox 9 Fitness Expert Ali Holman from CoreCamper.com stopped by to show us some fun ways to get your kids moving on this cold day.
To find out more about Ali's Online Daily Workouts, visit http://www.CoreCamper.com.
1. Floor skating: Give your kids some towel scraps and have some races across the floor! This not only works on core strength, but will also wear them out!
2. Timed challenge: Pick a simple exercise and time your child for 60 seconds, counting reps. See if they can beat their original rep count for the ultimate personal competition!
3. Popcorn pushups: Everyone loves popcorn, right? Have your kids eat popcorn creatively, grabbing a piece in their mouth as they lower into a pushup.
4. Boat toss: Using an inflatable ball, toss the ball back and forth over an "island" as you both are in the boat position.
5. Cold day flash cards: Create flash cards with various exercises printed on them.