The holidays are the pre-cursor to making some positive changes for the New Year. Fox 9 Fitness Expert Ali Holman stopped by with her tips for preparing your New Year's resolution.
To find out more about Ali's Online Workout Program, visit http://www.CoreCamper.com.
Tips to prepare a New Year's resolution:
1. Find your Motivation: Outside of "Losing Weight", dig deeper into why you really want to get healthier. Maybe so you can play with your kids, live longer than your parents or run a marathon in 12 months--keep your eye on the prize.
2. Track your success on a Free App
3. Start every day with a glass of lemon water: Before you put coffee, tea, or food into your body, it's best to first break your fast with a glass of water with lemon. When you sleep, your body isn't just abstaining from food but from water too. Because many vitamins are water-soluble, having a glass before you eat will help your body better absorb nutrients from food. The acidity of the lemon helps re-balance your digestive tract by making it alkaline, allowing "good" bacteria in your intestines to thrive and facilitate optimal nutrient absorption
4. Schedule Exercise like you would an important meeting
5. Create 5 "FREE PASSES" per month and take them!