Launched in 2008, Channel IQ is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago! We are the leading provider of online retail intelligence to manufacturers, distributors and retailers. Channel IQ (CIQ) has exceptionally strong revenue growth and many product innovations that have changed the way global manufacturers and retailers manage their channels of distribution and retail sales.
We are looking for a talented Data Acquisition Engineer with customer-experience sensibilities to help build and monitor a one of a kind data catalog spanning the global online retail environment.
If you are naturally inquisitive, love data, enjoy working in a rapidly growing environment and delivering first in class services, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. You will be responsible for playing a key role in driving data mining and data production from many unique sources used by hundreds of the most identifiable brand names in consumer electronics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee data collection activity to ensure data collection goals are understood and the collection activity yields high quality results
- Identify gaps in current data collection processes, drive and contribute to development of systems to bridge these gaps
- Delve into several sources of online data to identify key data points
- Develop and be a subject matter expert in the data mining technology employed by Channel IQ
- Partner with outsourced development teams to lead best practices and data collection efficiencies
- Passion for problem solving and delivering high quality and high availability data
- Solid understanding of product data in the Retail, Distribution, and Manufacturing industries
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Enjoys taking a project and running with it
- Previous experience with data mining and data scrapping technologies, companies, and/or projects
- Previous experience dealing with unstructured data and converting into structured form
- BS Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- MS Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent, preferred
Company and Culture:
We are an agile software development shop, leveraging Scrum, user stories, short release cycles, test-driven development and continuous integration, to drive the evolution of our highly scalable and reliable enterprise-level web application.
Imagine a special place where caffeine flows freely. Imagine a cool loft environment in River North with an open, collaborative space for ideas to flow. We pride ourselves on our driven people, innovative culture and the work it takes to build great products.
We offer a fun start-up atmosphere, complete with:
- Unlimited espresso
- An unreal Shiatsu massage chair in the office
- Monthly company happy hours & breakfasts (not at the same time though)
- Whirleyball, laser-tag, other random goofy outings, and more!!
We all enjoy each other's company, both in the office and out. Work hard, play hard, all while building groundbreaking business software!
Please click here to apply: http://channeliq.hireology.com/s/13474