After a slow start blanketed in snow, who would have predicted the last 2:05 minutes of the Vikings-Ravens game would produce not one, not two, but five touchdowns?
The final 125 seconds were a whirlwind.
1. Dennis Pitta caught a 1-yard fourth-down pass from Flacco for a 15-12 lead with 2:05 to go.
2. A 41-yard touchdown run by Toby Gerhart, in for Adrian Peterson who had suffered a sprained right foot.
3. Baltimore's Jacoby Jones ran one in with the ensuing kickoff. 22-19 Baltimore, 1:16 to go.
4. Vikings quarterback Matt Cassel then threw a 79-yard touchdown pass to rookie wide receiver Cordarelle Patterson with 45 seconds left in the game.
5. Joe Flacco threw a 9-yard touchdown pass to rookie Marlon Brown with 4 seconds left in the game -- the entire play took 41 seconds -- bringing the Ravens the victory in Baltimore.
Despite ultimately losing 26-29, Cassel did tally his fourth game this season of more than 240 yards passing -- no other Minnesota quarterback has even one, so there's that.
Plus, Patterson finished with five receptions for 141 yards and a touchdown, and in doing so displayed quite the potential for a solid career with the Vikings. Get your 84 jerseys out.
Here's a few memorable Twitter highlights from the snow globe that was NFL Sunday.
19-15 Vikings. ...hold on peeps did they score too soon?
@durkeee so we are on pace for 4 more scores at least.
@CommonManKFAN Whoops....that is a TD...oh well..."Let's get ready....its almost time for Teddy...! Let's get ready...its almost time for Teddy...!"
@MikePereira That might have been the most exciting 2:05 I've ever seen in the NFL
@SportsCenter 5 TOUCHDOWNS IN FINAL 2:05 IN BALTIMORE! Joe Flacco hits Marlon Brown for 9-yard TD with :04 left. Ravens take 28-26 lead in WILD game.
@steventurous This Vikings-Ravens game has been a lot of fun to watch on Twitter.
@talkhoops With 2:30 left in the Vikings-Ravens game, the score was 12-7 Vikings. 4 seconds left, Ravens are up 29-26.
@eric_j_thompson UPDATED STAT: If games were 58:43 long, the #Vikings would be 8-5.
@PaulCharchian Awesome touchdown by Marlon Brown. Another epic, fun game by the Vikings. Outcome not as important as the enjoyment.
Meanwhile, after spraining his right foot, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson ripped the Baltimore fans apart with his Twitter account, which he rarely uses for such things.
@AdrianPeterson Wow talking about bad officiating & the worst fan base I've ever experience! They threw snow balls the entire 4q like lil kids. Smh
@AdrianPeterson So You just enjoying the game & the next thing you know ur hit in the face with a ball of ice correction not snowballs ICE BALLS.
@AdrianPeterson Not funny or fun! That's all I'm saying,it wasn't cool. Like it or not that's how I feel about it!
Peterson will also likely be fined for his defamatory comments against the referees for a few controversial calls when the refs upheld a Toby Gerhart fumble and then called a pass interference penalty on Chad Greenway.