Minneapolis restaurant Red Cow says it's time to switch it up this Thanksgiving. Here's a twist on a traditional turkey dinner with Red Cow's turkey burger with cilantro lime aioli.
2# ground turkey
1/2 cup red onion (diced fine)
1/2 avocado (cut into 1/4" chunks)
1/2 cups white beans
1 tblsp hot sauce (choose your favorite)
1 tblsp Kosher salt
1 tblsp white pepper
1) In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients until blended together evenly. Liberally mix avocado & white beans into meat.
2) Individually patty burgers to 6oz, use wax paper or patty paper to separate.
3) Refrigerate, label & date (shelf-life of 3-5 days)
1.5 pint Mayo
1 pint Sour Cream
1/2 bunch Cilantro
1 juice of Lime
1 tblsp Lime zest
1 tblsp chopped garlic
1 tsp chopped shallot
1) Zest lime first
2) Rough chop cilantro
2) In a mixing bowl, add juice of 1 lime & lime zest. Then add rough chopped cilantro and all other ingredients. Mix thoroughly, then salt & pepper to taste.
3) Refrigerate & date (shelf life of 5-7 days)
1) Preheat griddle to 375 degrees
2) Spray griddle with oil or non-stick cooking spray (very light coating)
3) Place turkey burger on griddle, cook 4-5 minutes then flip and cook again for 4-5 minutes or until cooked all the way thru.
4) Butter buns and place on griddle, bun should crisp up
1) Remove crispy bun from griddle, place 1-2 oz of cilantro-lime aioli on bottom bun
2) Place cooked turkey burger on top of aioli
3) Garnish with arugula, sliced radish & chopped pistachio
4) Place top bun leaning on burger as to show-off garnish