More than half of employees surveyed by Glassdoor.com said they would stay at their job longer if their bosses just showed a little more appreciation, while 2 in 5 employees admit they're motivated to work harder under a demanding boss.
The Employee Appreciation Survey of more than 2,000 people shows how appreciated employees feel at their job, what motivates them to work hard and which company-provided perks they want most this Thanksgiving.
APPRECIATION FOR RETENTION
- 53% of employees would stay with their job longer if they felt more appreciation from their boss
- 68% of employees feel boss shows them enough appreciation
MOTIVATION: APPRECIATION BETTER THAN FEAR
- 81% will work harder when boss shows appreciation
- 38% will work harder when boss is demanding
- 37% will work harder because they fear losing their job
WORKING THANKSGIVING WEEK
During the workdays around Thanksgiving, here are 9 things employees would most appreciate from their boss or company:
1. Not being required to work the day before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after Thanksgiving (62%)
2. A cash bonus (49%)
3. Not being required to work the Friday after Thanksgiving (44%)
4. Not being required to work Thanksgiving Day (44%)
5. A grocery store gift card (41%)
6. Not being required to work day before Thanksgiving (29%)
7. A pre-Thanksgiving meal at work (19%)
8. Not being required to work the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday leading up to Thanksgiving (16%)
9. The ability to telecommute the days before Thanksgiving (13%)
GET A JOB!
Find a job (or a better one) at http://jobs.myfoxtwincities.com