Garden Guy Dale K. shows you a bulb that you can plant now and don't have to wait until the spring to see bloom: Amaryllis.
If you plant it now, you can see amaryllis is 3 to 4 weeks!DALE'S TIPS
1. Let the bulb have 2 inches around the inside of the pot
2. Add rich potting soil with compost to ensure optimum growth
3. Bigger is better – the bigger the bulb, the more blooms you'll get
4. The bulb sits right above the soil line, no "green thumb" required
5. Give the bulb a nice drink of water once you plant it
6. Place pot in a sunny, warm location for a few weeks
7. Once blooms show, bring the pot in the shade to maintain the blooms
8. Fertilize once you see leaves and blooms
9. Plant more bulbs every two weeks for flowers all winter long!
KMSP-TV11358 Viking DriveEden Prairie, MN 55344
Phone: (952) 944-9999Fax: (952) 942-0455