After planting flowers, bird watching is the second most popular backyard pass time. Dale K. shows you how to attract birds that feed in the fall.
DALE'S TIPS1. Clean your feeder with bird house cleaner spray made of mainly SAFE mineral salts and scrub with a long brush
2. Clean debris from bottom of feeder – some bad pathogens can hang out on the ground near your feeder, so vacuum them up before the ground freezes
3. Before the ground freezes, move your feeder near a window for prime spectating
4. Fill your hummingbird and oriole feeders, they're still around!
5. Not all feeds are created equal: High-energy feeds with sunflower seeds are ideal, especially for migratory birds
6. Get a wiggler at your local hardware store to vibrate the water in your bird bath so the water doesn't become stagnant
7. Find a feeder with a jail screen (at most garden shops) to keep the squirrels out
KMSP-TV11358 Viking DriveEden Prairie, MN 55344
Phone: (952) 944-9999Fax: (952) 942-0455