In today's fast-paced world, it can be tough to keep up with the news each and every day. Stay in the know with the Sunday summary of the nine most-read articles on myfox9.com from the past week.
1. VIRAL OUTRAGE: Parents deluged with calls, 'disgusted' over toddler bullying
It's becoming a common problem -- kids behave badly, record it on cell phones, and post the unruly acts online; however, one video showing two girls picking on a 3-year-old has two families answering dozens of calls.
2. Alligator shot by Minnesota DNR near Scandia, man hunts for one more
A Minnesota Department of Natural Resources warden shot and killed an alligator on Goose Lake near Scandia, Minn., on Monday, and the man who says the animal was his pet is out on the hunt for another.
3. SOMALI GANG WAR? Body found in road in Shoreview, Minn.
Officials are investigating a homicide in Shoreview, Minn., after a body was found in the road Thursday morning -- and FOX 9 has learned it may be connected to a Twin Cities gang war that may be rekindling.
4. Suspects sought in 3 drive-by shootings in Faribault, Minn.
Police in Faribault, Minn., are trying to identify the suspects involved in a series of three drive-shootings this past week, and they are offering a $500 reward for anyone who can provide the tip that leads to an arrest.
5. HEAT DAYS: 27 Minneapolis schools cancel Thursday, Friday classes
One day after students and teachers protested the sweltering conditions inside Minneapolis public schools without air conditioning, the district canceled classes for Thursday and Friday at 27 schools.
6. $2M bail set for woman after boyfriend's body found in freezer
Eddie Sole's family drove all night from Chicago to see 29-year-old Jetaun Wheeler make her first appearance in court on murder charges -- and the victim's daughter tells FOX 9 she "smirked" at grieving loved ones.
7. Declassified report on Syria: Chemical weapons killed 1,429
Leaders declassified a report on Syria in which the United States Government assessed "with high confidence" that the Syrian government carried out a chemical weapons attack on Aug. 21, 2013.
8. St. Paul officer who hit 101-year-old woman reprimanded before
Police have identified the St. Paul officer who struck and killed a 101-year-old as Lori Goulet, a 16-year veteran of the force who has been disciplined twice in previous on-duty crashes.
9. Somali-American trail blazer Hussein Samatar laid to rest
A funeral was held Monday for Hussein Samatar, the first Somali-American to hold public office in Minnesota, and hundreds attended to remember a man who embodied the American Dream.