Todd Walker meets with fitness experts from Steele Fitness about how to stay fit before, during and after you hit the State Fair.
1. Eat before you attend so you don't overeat when you arrive
2. Share your food with a friend
3. Don't eat just to eat, there's plenty of sights to see! Lest you forget the music, rides and event expos
4. Devise a next-day workout plan to work off the extra calories ingested -- wake up with a plan and stick to it
5. Walk around as you indulge -- it's a free workout!
6. Wear comfortable shoes so you don't wear yourself out. The longer you're upright, the more you're burning
7. Don't get discouraged after a day of overeating, if you choose to do so. Simply think healthy the next few days and your good habits will override the bad with time, exercise and a clean diet
8. Do some jumping jacks, push-ups and sit-ups before you hop in the shower to wash off your feet from the Fair
9. Eat cotton candy. It only has 101 calories per serving. If you prefer something with more substance, corn has 320 calories.
10. Be aware that eating five Sweet Martha's cookies will cost you 2,460 calories