The Interaction Designer is a creative and technical individual who will act in a primary role to define, design, and develop innovative user interfaces and experiences for Rand McNally's mobile & web-based products in a variety of industries (travel, education, consumer transportation). The role involves wireframing, prototyping and helping to implement features and functionality for new and existing products in a collaborative development environment.
The primary focus for this position will be designing and coding the front-end UI, while delivering a consistent, usable, and valuable experience to our customers. As a member of our small team, you'll work closely with product managers, developers, and other designers to come up with innovative ideas and solutions that deliver services to our customers using the latest web technologies. This role also involves a huge potential for learning. You'll be exposed to a lot of different technologies and platforms as we're constantly looking at cutting-edge solutions to improve and accelerate our workflow.
- Creating front-end UI design/development/implementation that delivers solid UX through established UI patterns
- Building mock-ups/wireframes/rapid prototypes that are in line with project goals
- Delivering user-centered, clean, responsive, and intuitive interfaces with optimized code
- Leading design concept reviews, from initial wireframes and prototypes through final design
- Establishing and documenting design standards/patterns for usage across products to achieve an integrated and consistent experience
- Managing your time while juggling multiple projects; providing accurate level-of-effort estimates using an Agile methodology
- Conducting ongoing research of web-based UI/UX design and development best practices
- Mentoring other designers/developers
- At least two years of professional experience in front-end web/application design and development
- Expertise with modern design theory and practices in responsive web and interaction design, with a focus on cross-browser compatibility
- Clear understanding of usability, user-centered design, and web standards
- Experience developing responsive designs with media queries
- Application (web & mobile) design experience (not just static sites)
- Advanced knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Advanced knowledge of cross-browser implementation (IE8+)
- Strong understanding of templates, grid system, typography, iconography, color, etc.
- Superb communication skills
***Please include either a PDF or a link to view your portfolio.