A woman and her two young children were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes while riding in the family car on Long Island Thursday, police said.
The woman's husband was behind the wheel of the 1999 Mitsubishi when he noticed that his wife and kids were losing consciousness, police said, so he pulled over in North Amityville the get help.
A passerby blew air into one of the children's mouth, police said.
East Farmingdale firefighters arrived and gave oxygen to the victims and then took them to a local hospital. The victims were conscious and alert, police said.
The father was also taken to the hospital to be checked out.
Police said the car apparently had an exhaust problem and tested high for carbon monoxide, so officers impounded it for a safety check.