Capital Grille presents: Porcini Crusted Delmonico
The Capital Grille at 801 Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis is hosting its annual Generous Pour wine event where guests can test seven world-class wines with an entree. FOX 9's Karen Scullin learns more about the event and succulent recipes with chef Crystal Morris.
PORCINI CRUSTED DELMONICO
Serves 1-3 people
Delmonico Steak, 22 oz 1 ea
Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp
Porcini Rub, 2 Tbsp
Balsamic Vinegar, 12 Year Old 2 tsp
Olive Oil, Extra Virgin 1 tsp
Watercress Garnish, 3 sprigs
1. Rub the exterior of the Delmonico steak with 2 tbsp. olive oil.
2. Place steak in the porcini rub and press rub onto steak thoroughly coating all sides.
3. Drizzle exterior of steak with additional olive oil. This step may be done one hour in advance.
4. Cook the Delmonico on a grill or broiler (about 3 minutes per side for medium rare)
5. Allow the steak to rest. Remove the Delmonico from the bone and slice it into 10 pieces
6. Place the Delmonico steak on a hot plate (slice it if serving more than one)
7. Dot the vinegar and extra virgin olive oil over steak and around the plate.