Orion's Mind is a national educational solutions provider that serves thousands of students in grades K--8. We deliver interactive, small-group instruction that is based on the theories of Multiple Intelligences and differentiated instruction. Our curriculum is carefully aligned with current education standards, including state and Common Core standards.
Our mission is to ignite a passion for learning in students. We believe that when students are enthusiastically engaged in their own learning, they become motivated toward academic achievement. With our dynamic, hands-on curriculum, students master a variety of math and reading skills. Our approach to supporting a variety of learning styles leads to significant improvements in students' test scores, self-confidence, team-building skills, and attitudes toward learning.
SUMMARY/JOB DESCRIPTION: The Program Manager reports directly to the Area Director and AAD. The Program Manager is responsible for building relationships with parents, teachers, students and school administration. Program Managers will manage Registration Assistants, Program Assistants, Lead Instructors and Instructors. This is a full-time, temporary position. This position is benefit eligible. Must submit to and pass federal and state background check.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Oversee and manage day to day operational logistics of program
• Student registration, attendance and retention
• Staff recruitment and development
• Daily submission of program attendance and timesheets
• Active participation in local community events
• Maintain and build positive relationships with school Administration
• Present to parents, staff and school administration on Orion's Mind program and curriculum
• Pick-up and deliver materials from corporate office to designated school(s)
• Substitute teach for classes on an as needed basis
• Meet with parents and school administrators
• Plan and conduct weekly instructor meetings
• Operations leader for instructor trainings
QUALIFICATION/REQUIRED SKILLS/ EDUCATION:
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong leadership ability
• Personal computer with high speed internet connection
• Valid driver's license and reliable car with willingness for up to 70% local travel
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Minimum of 60 college credit hours or 1 year management experience
• Proven track-record of successful program and team management
• Demonstrate consistent logic, rationality and objectivity in decision making
• Ability to plan, organize and schedule team meetings
• Maintains stable performance and poise in high-pressure situations
• Ability to generate new innovative approaches to problems or creative modifications to established approaches
• Adjusts quickly to changing priorities
• Team player -- cooperative with supervisors and peers
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Program management experience
• Fluency in Spanish
• Experience with Classroom/Behavior management
• Knowledge of SES and/or familiarity of school organization structures
• Demonstrates integrity
• Actions-oriented, able to produce results despite lack of resources
• Exhibits energy, strong desire to achieve
• Exhibits high sense of responsibility and sets high standards of performance for self and all coworkers.
All Candidates Must Apply Online: www.orionsmind.com