The White Bear Lake Yacht Club is celebrating a $3.2 million dollar renovation, and with those renovations comes a succulent new menu.
Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
Yield: 8 servings
Orzo pasta cooked per package instructions
White cheddar cheese 2 oz. shredded
Garlic-herb Boursin cheese 4 oz. divided
Sea salt to taste
Flat leaf parsley 2 T. minced
Bread crumbs 1/2 cup toasted
Lobster tail and knuckle 2 each large, diced
Lobster claw meat 4 each cooked, split
Lobster cream (see recipe)
Hot clarified butter 2 T.
1. Heat a pan over medium-high. Add clarified butter and diced lobster meat
2. Season lightly with sea salt. Saute lobster for 30 seconds
3. Add lobster cream. Reduce heat to low and allow lobster meat to fully cook through
4. Add shredded white cheddar and swirl until cheese is fully melted
5. Remove pan from heat. Add Boursin and swirl to combine
6. Drain orzo. Add orzo to lobster cheese sauce and stir to combine
7. Divide equally among 8 serving dishes.
8. Garnish with toasted bread crumbs, chopped parsley, and lobster claw meat.
Yield: 2 cups
Whole Maine lobster 2 each
Canola oil 2 T.
Shallot 1/4 cup minced
Brandy 1/4 cup
Sherry 1/2 cup
Heavy cream 16 fl. oz.
1. Dispatch lobsters by splitting heads with a knife
2. Separate tails and claws from bodies.
3. Blanch tails and claws in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Transfer tails and claws to ice water to chill.
4. Remove meat from tails and claws, and reserve for other use
5. Roughly chop bodies, tail shells, and claw shells.
6. Heat a heavy sauce pot over medium- high flame. Add oil and lobster shells and cook until shells are bright red.
7. Add minced shallot and cook for 30 seconds.
8. Flame with brandy and reduce by 1/2.
9. Add sherry and reduce by 1/2.
10. Add cream. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low simmer and cook for 20 minutes
11. Strain lobster cream through a fine mesh strainer and keep warm