If you find it hard to find time to exercise with your busy schedule, the news keeps getting better. FOX 9 Fitness Expert Ali Holman from CoreCamper.com tells us that just 20 minutes of exercise is proven to help increase your metabolism & fit in a great workout. Now, even more studies are finding that working out intensely for just 2.5 minutes can spark calorie burn throughout the day — potentially even 200 calories!
Ali showed us 5 exercises that will burn 200 calories after doing them just 2.5 minutes -- courtesy of the "after burn effect"
Perform these at maximum intensity; you can break them into 30-second or one-minute intervals to make it more manageable.
1. Jumping jacks/Flying Jacks. These do-anywhere moves pump up your heart rate in no time.
2. Mountain climbers. This cardio move helps strengthen leg and core muscles as well.
3. Burpees. Swiftly moving from standing to squatting to push-up position challenges all your muscles.
4. Squat Jumps/Quad Touches. Think of these as a squat jump with some extra "oomph"! Pull your feet up as you jump and land low/softly.
5. Walking lunges. These lunges help you develop balance while strengthening your core and lower body. Do these briskly, but make sure your form stays correct to prevent knee or ankle strain.
Ali recommends to not stop at just 2.5 minutes, though. Besides upping your total calorie burn, longer exercise helps you stay healthy and prevent disease. Aim for at least 100 minutes a week for real body and health benefits.
To find out more about Ali's Online Under 20 Minute workouts, visit http://www.CoreCamper.com