In the fast-paced world full of distractions and duties, it can be tough to keep up with the news of the day on top of it all. Enter the Sunday summary, a round-up of the Top 9 most-read articles on myfox9.com from the past week.
1. LILYDALE LANDSLIDE: 2 students killed, 2 injured
Nearly 50 fourth-grade students were searching for fossils in a popular St. Paul park on Wednesday when the unthinkable happened -- a landslide swept up four children who had no time to react or escape.
2. Autopsy ordered in Lino Lakes officer's mysterious death
The death of veteran police Sgt. Chris Bragelman shocked the community he served and is baffling his friends and loved ones. Now, authorities are hoping an autopsy can provide some answers.
3. OKLAHOMA TORNADO: Twister's power dwarfs Hiroshima bomb
Residents of Moore, Okla., are returning to sheer devastation after a massive tornado decimated the town Monday afternoon, releasing an amount of energy that dwarfed even the power of the atomic bomb that leveled Hiroshima, according to experts.
4. Body found in car at Minneapolis impound lot near Farmers Market
Police are investigating after a woman's body was found in the trunk of a car at an impound lot near the Minneapolis Farmers Market.
5. Investigators: Fare aware
Those who are addicted to heroin and prescription pain pills often need methadone to help cut their cravings during treatment. Some need it every day, and the FOX 9 Investigators found taxpayers are picking up the tab for transit.
6. Interstate 5 bridge collapses into Skagit River in Wash.
An oversize truck caused the Interstate 5 bridge to collapse into the Skagit River, the Washington State Patrol said Friday. Three vehicles plunged into the water, but no one was killed.
7. DAY CARE UNION: Minn. House passes bill 68-66
After two days of bitterly contested debate, the Minnesota House passed a bill allowing day care and home care providers to unionize on a 68-66 vote.
8. Minn. lawmakers make moves to provide relief at the pump
Minnesota lawmakers are taking steps to address the recent spike in gas prices, with Gov. Mark Dayton signing an emergency executive order and the state's U.S. senators introducing a new bill on Thursday.
9. GOODWILL GOLD: Forest Lake man finds poster worth thousands
It's often said that one person's trash is another's treasure, and a Forest Lake man sure found a gem during a recent visit to Goodwill.