In the fast-paced world full of distractions and duties, it can be tough to keep up with the news of the day on top of it all. Enter the Sunday summary, a round-up of the Top 9 most-read articles on myfox9.com from the past week.
1. MARRIAGE EQUALITY: Gov. Mark Dayton signs Freedom to Marry Act
Gov. Mark Dayton signed a bill granting all Minnesotans the freedom to marry during a signing ceremony held on the Capitol's south steps at 5 p.m. on Tuesday.
2. KIRA TREVINO MURDER: Amended charges unveil new details
Amended charges filed against Jeffery Trevino on Tuesday reveal that Kira Trevino had planned to move away from her husband before she was killed.
3. PHOTOS: New Vikings Stadium design revealed
On Monday night, fans and team leaders gathered at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis to check out the chosen design for the new Vikings stadium.
4. GAS PRICES: Klobuchar demands answers on Minn. spike
What the heck is going on with gas prices in Minnesota? The state has seen prices jump 15 percent in just the last week even though the price of crude oil is going down.
5. PHOTOS + VIDEO: Ice heaves make a mess at Lake Mille Lacs
The video footage that captured glacier-like ice heaves forming on the shores of Lake Mille Lacs may be a hot find online, but they left headaches for those who live there.
6. Investigators: Parent alienation
The FOX 9 Investigators get lots of tips about contentious divorces and custody battles, but parent alienation brings out a big question: Could you lose your kids by turning them against your ex?
7. MANDY MATULA: Search warrant clearly points finger at ex-boyfriend
A search warrant filed Tuesday in Hennepin County definitively identifies David Roe as responsible for the death or disappearance of his ex-girlfriend, Mandy Matula.
8. SINKHOLE SURVIVOR: 'I think it was an extreme fluke'
Richard Bird celebrated his 66th birthday on Monday, one day after he was pulled from a sinkhole that swallowed him while he was walking his two dogs with his wife.
9. Cottage Grove teen's CPR saves dad during heart attack
Tim Galloway almost died after what he thought was heartburn turned out to be a heart attack, but his 14-year-old son used his CPR training to become his father's hero over the weekend.