In the fast-paced world full of distractions and duties, it can be tough to keep up with the news of the day on top of it all. Enter the Sunday summary, a round-up of the Top 9 most-read articles on myfox9.com from the past week.
TOP 9 STORIES FROM MAY 5-11
1. Body of Danielle Jelinek pulled from Chisago County lake
The Anoka County medical examiner's office confirms the body of 27-year-old Danielle Jelinek, who has been missing since December, was pulled from a Chisago County lake on Friday afternoon.
2. Saturday search for Mandy Matula draws overwhelming support
Kira Trevino's family combined forces with friends and family of Mandy Matula on Saturday in the continued search for the missing 24-year-old from Eden Prairie.
3. Kira Trevino's body pulled from Mississippi River in St. Paul
On Thursday, St. Paul police confirmed that a body pulled from the Mississippi River on Wednesday is 30-year-old Kira Trevino, who has been missing since late February.
4. 2 officers shot in Minneapolis; motorcyclist killed in pursuit of suspect
Two police officers were shot after a pursuit that left the suspect dead, and a motorcyclist was struck and killed by an emergency vehicle in route to the scene.
5. Marriage equality passes Minnesota House on 75-59 vote
After a two-hour debate, Minnesota is now in line to become the first Midwestern Legislature to legalize same-sex marriage, and the state could become the 12th in the country to pass such a law.
6. Cleveland police search for more women after Michelle Knight tip
Cleveland police are searching properties Wednesday morning near the home called a 'house of horrors' after they were reportedly alerted by one of the kidnap victims that there may be more women.
7. SEXUAL ASSAULT IN MILITARY: 26,000 cases unreported in 2012
An estimated 26,000 members of the U.S. military were sexually assaulted last year but never reported the incident, according to anonymous surveys in a Pentagon report released Tuesday.
8. Minnesota State Patrol to post DWI arrests on Twitter
The Minnesota State Patrol is hoping Twitter updates of drivers arrested for DWI during the fishing opener weekend will help deter drunk driving.
9. In Depth: Life coach
His University of Minnesota teams have won Big 10 championships and some of the athletes he coached went on to become Olympians, but Gary Wilson doesn't measure success by trophies.