It's not work. It's life. Discover inspiring career opportunities and unlimited potential for growth at Equinox. We are the leading luxury fitness and lifestyle company that achieves the extraordinary every day. We create an integrated approach to the well-balanced life -- from personal training to group fitness to rejuvenating wellness treatments.
Our company continues to grow into new markets while integrating new brands into the fold. Equinox lifestyle concepts and products include full service spas, healthy gourmet cafes, upscale, stylish clothing boutiques and a newly launched web magazine, Q Blog. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga and Soul Cycle, are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to reach their goals and exceed their own performance expectations. We have more than fifty locations including New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Boston, Dallas, Washington DC, Toronto and London.
Join us and discover a dynamic work environment built around helping others maximize their potential, where limitless opportunity is cultivated by the highest in industry standards across training, education, marketing, media and sales.
We are looking for energetic, creative, and enthusiastic Part-Time Retail Shop Associates to join the Equinox team at its state-of-the-art location in Highland Park! This is a great position for a candidate looking to make a significant impact in a growing and dynamic organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Sales and Service
- Achieve monthly sales goals (individual and contribution to store monthly goal).
- Immediately greet all customers as they enter the Shop.
- Provide courteous, attentive service throughout the Shop including at fitting room, on sales floor and at checkout.
- Ask questions of each customer to help in determining their needs.
- Suggest items to meet the customer's needs.
- Communicate information to the customer about the quality, style, fabric and fit of merchandise.
- Suggest additional items that may be of interest to customer.
- Thank every customer for visiting the Shop regardless of why they came in (to purchase, make a return or just browsing).
- Handle all returns/exchanges courteously and professionally.
- Participate in all Shop contests with enthusiasm.
- Understands job needs and requirements and demonstrates understanding of systems and processes.
- Understands and upholds all company policies and procedures on a consistent basis.
- Successfully complete register and Associate training.
- Has the ability to multi-task and exhibits excellent time management skills to drive the business.
- Ensures all Shop mail has been read, understood and executed as directed within appropriate time frames.
- Keep the Shop neat, clean and organized at all times.
- Adhere to company dress code.
- Use proper phone etiquette and greeting at all times "good morning/afternoon, the Shop at [store location], [associates name] speaking, how may I help you?"
- Follow up on all customer requests and return customer phone calls in a timely manner.
- Follows all Company Visual Merchandising directives to maximize Shop presentation and sales.
- Enforces and maintains excellent housekeeping and organizational standards in Shops and stockrooms.
- Keep window displays current with newest merchandise.
- Keep stock space clean and organized and cash wrap area free of clutter and merchandise.
- Builds effective relationships and partnerships with employees, colleagues, supervisors and clients. Maintain knowledge of all club services, programs and products.
- Refer all non-member customers to a Membership Advisor.
- Involve Shop MOD and District Shop Manager when appropriate in all loss prevention, personnel or operational issues as they pertain to the overall operation of the Shop and/or club.
- Maintains all Company policies and procedures, embraces and supports Company initiatives.
- Remains flexible and open to alternatives; willingly accepts new or additional responsibilities.
- Treats others with respect and dignity and handles situations in a calm and objective manner.
- Communicate effectively with Shop Manager on all customer service issues.
- Verbally communicates at all levels and with tact and diplomacy.
The successful candidate must have the following experience, skills, and education:
- Enthusiastic, energetic and personable
- Experience in a customer service business. Preferably retail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize new techniques and ideas
- Hardworking and diligent
- Possess honesty and personal integrity
- Excellent time management, organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills
- Computer literate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
As a member of the Equinox Team you will receive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Complimentary Club Membership
- Discounts on services, products and much more
HOW TO LEARN MORE:
Please send your resume in Word format with "Part-Time Retail Shop Associate --Highland Park" as the subject, along with a cover letter in your email stating your availability to email@example.com.