NYPD: Boston bombers planned to party in NYC after blasts - KMSP-TV

NYPD: Boston bombers planned to 'party' in NYC after blasts

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

The New York City Police Commissioner says that the surviving Boston Marathon bombing suspect has informed investigators that he and his brother had planned to head to New York City after the bombings to "party."

Commissioner Raymond Kelly released that information on Wednesday morning.

Kelly says that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had visited New York at least twice before the bombings.  The most recent visit was in November 2012 and included a trip to Times Square.

A man carjacked by Tamerlan Tsarnaev the night he was killed in a shootout with authorities in the Boston area said that he believed the brothers mentioned Manhattan when they were talking to each other.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was charged in his hospital room with using a weapon of mass destruction to kill.  He was accused of joining with his older brother in setting off the pressure-cooker bombs that killed three people and wounded more than 200 at the marathon.

He has reportedly been communicating with investigators by writing because of a neck wound that has left him unable to talk.

According to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev remained in fair condition on Wednesday afternoon.

Tsarnaev was captured last Friday night after an all-day manhunt that brought the Boston area to a near-standstill. He was arrested, wounded and bloody, after he was discovered hiding in a tarp-covered boat in a Watertown backyard.

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
  • Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:57 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:57:17 GMT
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
Powered by WorldNow

KMSP-TV
11358 Viking Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Phone: (952) 944-9999
Fax: (952) 942-0455

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices