World Trade Center observation deck - KMSP-TV

World Trade Center observation deck

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

The observation deck at One World Trade Center will not open until 2015 but the tower's developers are offering a glimpse of what they call the guest experience.

The observation deck will occupy the tower's 100th through 102nd floors.

Port Authority Chairman David Samson and other officials provided a preview to the media on Tuesday.

They say guests to the observation deck will see a "pre-show" about the creation of the building while they wait in line in the lobby.

There will be another video at the top before the actual panoramic view is revealed.

One World Observatory will provide visitors with spectacular views of New York City and the surrounding region from above 1,250 feet. The 120,000 square foot facility will feature cutting-edge digital technology, dining options, a gift shop, special events space and the "See Forever" theater where visitors will learn about the building of One World Trade Center.

Visitors will board one of five dedicated state-of-the-art elevators that will be among the fastest lifts in the world to ascend to the top of the building in approximately 60 seconds.

The cost of the tour has not been determined but the venue will offer discounted rates to local school and community groups.

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Baldwin: Rather pay up than apologize over arrest

    Baldwin: Rather pay up than apologize over arrest

    Actor Alec Baldwin is not apologizing over an incident that led to a disorderly conduct arrest in May.
    Actor Alec Baldwin is not apologizing over an incident that led to a disorderly conduct arrest in May.
  • Lawyers working to resolve LaBeouf's theater arrest

    Lawyers working to resolve LaBeouf's theater arrest

    Thursday, July 24 2014 12:35 PM EDT2014-07-24 16:35:07 GMT
    Lawyers say they are trying to resolve Shia LaBeouf's disorderly conduct case stemming from an incident at a Broadway show last month. Prosecutors and LaBeouf's lawyer told a judge Thursday that they're exploring an agreement to resolve the case. LaBeouf was arrested after he allegedly disrupted a performance of "Cabaret" starring Alan Cumming. He is due back in court Sept. 10.
    Lawyers say they are trying to resolve Shia LaBeouf's disorderly conduct case stemming from an incident at a Broadway show last month. Prosecutors and LaBeouf's lawyer told a judge Thursday that they're exploring an agreement to resolve the case. LaBeouf was arrested after he allegedly disrupted a performance of "Cabaret" starring Alan Cumming. He is due back in court Sept. 10.
  • Another video shows NYPD cop putting man in choke hold

    Another video shows NYPD cop putting man in choke hold

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 10:08 PM EDT2014-07-24 02:08:13 GMT
    The NYPD is investigating another apparent choke-hold incident during a recent arrest that was captured on video. The video shows a police officer putting a man in a choke hold and then punching him in the face in a subway station in Harlem, police said. A community activist said he received the new video but never had any intention of releasing it to the media.
    The NYPD is investigating another apparent choke-hold incident during a recent arrest that was captured on video. The video shows a police officer putting a man in a choke hold and then punching him in the face in a subway station in Harlem, police said. A community activist said he received the new video but never had any intention of releasing it to the media.
Powered by WorldNow

KMSP-TV
11358 Viking Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Phone: (952) 944-9999
Fax: (952) 942-0455

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices