Chef Amy Shipshock stops by the FOX 9 Morning Show kitchen to share some March Madness recipes sure to please any game-watching crowd. Take a look at her recipes below:
Spicy Peach Salsa with Brie
• 1 8 to 10-inch wheel of Brie Cheese
• vegetable oil
• For salsa:
• 2 peaches, cut in half with pits removed
• 1/4 cup red onion, diced
• 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
• 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 Serrano pepper, seeds removed and chopped finely
• juice of 1 lime
• 1 cedar plank
Soak cedar plank for 30-45 minutes before using. Preheat grill for medium high heat. Brush peaches with a little vegetable oil and place flesh side down. Allow peaches to cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from grill and set aside. Dry cedar plank with paper towels and place onto grill. Coat brie wheel with vegetable oil on both sides. Place directly on to grill grate, keeping a close eye on the cheese. Keep on for 30 seconds and turn again and leave for another 30-60 seconds. This should help make a grill mark on the wax of the cheese. Using tongs, carefully transfer brie wheel to plank or sauté pan. Cover lid and allow cheese to cook for 8-10 minutes. You want the cheese soft and pliable, but not liquefied.
Remove skins from peaches and dice into small cubes. Add remaining salsa ingredients and mix well. One cheese is done, remove from grill and top with peach salsa. There is no need to use another platter, since the plank already acts as one. Serve with toast rounds, chips, or vegetables.
BBQ Bacon Ranch Dip
7 slices bacon
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Put the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble the cooled bacon into a bowl and set aside.
Stir together the cream cheese and ranch dressing mix in a bowl until smooth. Spread the mixture on the bottom of a pie dish. Evenly spread the barbecue sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture. Layer the bacon, bell pepper, and tomato on top of the barbecue sauce and top with the Cheddar cheese. Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.
Shrimp and Grits
1 Pound shrimp
10 slices of bacon, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups grits
4 cups water
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup half and half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Chop bacon and cook on medium heat until browned.
2. Add in chopped onion and cook until tender.
3. Remove from skillet.
4. Boil 4 cups water and add grits.
5. Cook about 5 minutes on medium, add in half and half, butter, and shredded cheese.
6. Remove from heat and cover.
7. Add shrimp to skillet used to cook bacon and onions.
8. Cook 3 minutes on one side and then turn.
9. Add bacon and onion mixture back to the skillet and add in minced garlic.
10. Cook 3 additional minutes.