Man dies in St. Paul kitchen fire - KMSP-TV

Man dies in St. Paul kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:
ST. PAUL, Minn. (KMSP) -

A 31-year-old man was killed in a kitchen fire early Sunday morning in a St. Paul duplex.

Police say the fire began when the food he was cooking was left unattended. The food caught fire and spread to the kitchen cabinets and engulfed the kitchen in smoke in the 1900 block of Upper Afton Road.

Emergency responders were alerted by neighbors who saw smoke coming from the adjoining complex at about 12:45 a.m. on Sunday morning. 

Firefighters put out the fire and discovered the victim, who was unresponsive, in a rear bedroom. He was alone at the time of the fire, according to officials.

He was rushed to Regions Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

There were no fire sprinklers at the home, and the single smoke detector in the home is under investigation.


Powered by WorldNow

11358 Viking Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Phone: (952) 944-9999
Fax: (952) 942-0455

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices