Here at Play-Well TEKnologies, we are always looking for new instructors! Do you like working with children? How about playing with LEGO®?
Our classes are being requested by more and more schools and camp programs, and we are looking for smart, creative, dynamic instructors to help fill this demand. Play-Well TEKnologies (http://www.play-well.org) an engineering educational outreach organization that introduces children, Kindergarten to 5th grade, to engineering, architecture and physics, is rapidly expanding in the Chicago area, and is looking for LegoÂ® Engineering Instructors to teach during the 2012-2013 school-year and 2013 summer term.
We are looking for instructors that can bring their experience and interests to enhance our classes. Our instructors' experiences range from former engineers to non-profit administrators, from Jet Engine Mechanics to school teachers. This is a great opportunity to gain fruitful teaching experience while having fun doing it.
**This organization is not affiliated with the LEGO® GROUP.**
LEGO® ENGINEERING INSTRUCTOR
• 2 Years of experience working with school-age children
• Must have a flexible schedule and available to work between the hours of 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM during the school year. During the summer must be available to work from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• Must have your own vehicle to transport Play-Well teaching kit
• You should be bright, inquisitive, and fun loving
• Dependable, prompt, and ability to be flexible
• You must truly enjoy working with children and be able to maintain discipline while directing their design/building experience
• A thorough understanding of basic scientific and engineering principles and a love of tinkering and problem solving
• Pursuing or obtained B.S. in engineering and/or teaching-related field is desired (Open to undergrad and graduate students)
• Secure place to store Play-Well teaching kit
Classes typically are scheduled between 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM during the school year; and between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM during the summer. If selected, you will start as an assistant instructor and run your own class after you have mastered the curriculum. Up to 5 days a week/15 hours a week during the school year; between 30-40 hours a week available during the summer.
We are looking for instructors living in and or around the following areas:
• $17.00 - $20.00/Hour based on experience
here to view the Job Application and apply!
If you would like more information regarding our organization, Play-Well TEKnologies, visit our website at http://www.play-well.org or check out our other pages: