The St. Louis Park Police Department is offering a $500 reward for information leading to the arrest in two robberies at Metro Transit bus stops this week.
Police said the robberies occurred between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m., involving eastbound bus stops along Minnetonka Boulevard – one case at Colorado Avenue and the other at Hampshire Avenue.
In both cases, a masked man approached victims who were alone, pulled out a handgun and demanded money, cell phones and other personal items.
If you have information about these robberies, call 911 or the St. Louis Park Crime Tip Line at 952-924-2165.
REDUCE YOUR CHANCES OF BEING A VICTIM
- Be aware of your surroundings, especially if you are alone.
- Have your cell phone readily accessible and report any suspicious persons and/or activity immediately to the Police. Call 911!
- Do not carry large sums of cash or unnecessary credit cards, and keep your purse zipped.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE ROBBED
- To ensure your safety, fully cooperate with any orders these suspects give.
- Call 911 immediately or as soon as the suspects leave.
- Do not touch or disturb anything that a suspect may have touched or that has been part of the crime scene.
- If possible, try to determine which direction the suspects fled and give this information to the 911 dispatcher.
KMSP-TV11358 Viking DriveEden Prairie, MN 55344
Phone: (952) 944-9999Fax: (952) 942-0455