Keith Marler's mom makes a famous & SIMPLE 3 ingredient Pot Roast ... easy to put together - then let it cook all day!
"Betty Marler" Pot Roast
Pot Roast (2-4 pounds)
1 bottle of favorite beer
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1) Coat & rub the meat with olive oil & massage in a generous amount of salt & pepper
2) Sear the meat over medium-high heat – rotate every minute or 2 so that all sides are seared.
3) Place meat in a large stock pot or slow cooker
4) Pour bottle of beer over meat
5) Whisk can of Cream of Mushroom soup with 1 can of water
6) Pour mixture over meat (this becomes the gravy)
7) Cook on low heat for 5 to 6 hours – occasionally turn meat & spoon mixture/gravy over top
Meat will be tender & falling apart by the end. Use tongs to serve clumps of meat & ladle the gravy over the top!
Note: if you prefer a smoother gravy, pour it through a mesh strainer to remove bits of mushrooms or beef.
Serve with mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable for a VERY filling comfort food!