Officials say the boiler that exploded and prompted an evacuation at the upper campus of Lake Harriet Community School has been repaired and classes have resumed.
No students or staff members were injured in the small explosion, but more than 300 students were escorted up the block to the nearby fire station for a brief period of time while firefighters investigated.
The explosion occurred at about 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, but it was contained and no there was no fire. By 2:45 p.m., the boiler was working again.
Officials say the school building retained its temperature despite the outage and afternoon programs will go on as planned.