Plymouth Fire responded to a report of a fire in a townhouse shortly before noon.
They were able to get the fire knocked down quickly, but not before it left one town home uninhabitable. The three other homes attached to the one where the fire occurred were undamaged.
The occupant of the house was having a fire in his fire place when his home started filling with smoke. He left the house, with is dog, and noticed a fire on the exterior of the house. He then called the authorities.
Authorities believe the fire started in the chimney, but have not yet finished the investigation.
No one was injured.