Pumpkin Ravioli in Bourbon-Bacon Cream
Pumpkin-filled Ravioli, 32 pieces
Ravioli Cream, heated 12 Oz
Grated Parmesan 4 T
Cracked Black Pepper, 4 t
Butternut Salsa 12 T
Bacon Lardon (Extra thick cut bacon) 8 Oz
Green Onion, sliced 4 T
1. Cook ravioli in boiling salted water until they float.
2. Drain and arrange on plates
3. Saute lardon till semi crisp.
4. And add squash salsa and toss briefly to heat through
5. Pour sauce over the ravioli
6. Scatter the lardon and salsa mixture on top
7. Dust with parmesan and pepper
8. Finish with the sliced green onion
Butternut Squash Salsa
Butternut Squash, 1/4 lb , 1/4" dice and blanched
Red Onion, 1/4 oz., fine dice
Red jalapeno, 1/4 oz., fine dice
Curry Powder, 1/4 T
Rice Wine Vinegar, 1/2 T
Maple Syrup, 2 T
Cilantro, 1 T finely chopped
1. Peel and seed butternut squash and blanch in boiling salted water till just barely cooked.
2. Quickly shock squash in ice water to chill quickly.
3. Drain and pat dry
4. Dice the squash, red jalapeno, and red onions, place into a stainless steel mixing bowl.
5. Add remaining ingredients mix until fully combined.
YIELD: 1 Quart
Clarified Butter 1 Oz
Shallots (minced) 1/4 Cup
Garlic (minced) 1/4 Cup
Sherry 1/2 Cup
Chicken Stock 1/2 Cup
Heavy whipping cream 1 Qrt
Shredded Swiss cheese 1/4 lb
Parmesan Cheese 1/4 lb
Kosher Salt 1 Tbsp
Black Peppercorns 1/4 Tbsp
1. In Sauce pot, melt butter. Brown slightly without Burning.
2. Add Garlic and Shallots and cook briefly.
3. Add Sherry and bay leaf and let simmer for one minute.
4. Add Chicken Stock and stir.
5. Add Heavy Cream and stir.
6. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
7. Add Peppercorns.
8. Simmer sauce for 10 minutes.
9. Turn off heat.
10. Whisk in Swiss Cheese and Parmesan Cheese.
11. Strain Sauce.
12. Hold for final plating