Over 16 million U.S. children have untreated tooth decay!
Only 44% of U.S. children brush their teeth twice a day.
American children miss more than 750,00 school days (51 million school hours!!) each year due to dental conditions. That's more missed school days than are caused by the flu each year.
43% of kids age 8-13 say they're worried about getting cavities from eating too much Halloween candy.
1. Eat Halloween candy and other sugary foods with meals.
2. Avoid hard candy and other sweets that stay in your mouth for a long time.
3. Avoid sticky candies that cling to your teeth.
4. Drink more water. .
5. Maintain a healthy diet and eat nutritious meals.
6. Avoid beverages with added sugar like soda, sports drinks, or flavored waters.
7. Chew gum that has the ADA seal.
8. Brush your teeth twice a day with an ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste.
9. Clean between teeth daily with floss or an inter dental cleaner.
10. Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral examinations!
10 ADA Tips to Stop tooth decay:
KMSP-TV11358 Viking DriveEden Prairie, MN 55344
Phone: (952) 944-9999Fax: (952) 942-0455