Bavarian Sweet Mustard¾ cup ground yellow mustard seed (not mustard powder)
1/3 cup crushed brown mustard seed
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup dark beer
¼ cup (generous) cider vinegar
¼ cup (scant) water
1. Grind up the yellow mustard seed if necessary. This can be done with a mortar and pestle or in a burr-style coffee grinder.
2. Combine the dry ingredients.
3. Boil the vinegar, beer and water.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
5. Cover the mixture and let ripen overnight (or longer, if you prefer a milder flavor).
Yield: a little over 2 cups.
Note: no need to refrigerate. Mustard will ripen faster at room temperature.
KMSP-TV11358 Viking DriveEden Prairie, MN 55344
Phone: (952) 944-9999Fax: (952) 942-0455